Thanks for your interest in working at Mariposa! We're always interested in hearing from talented bakers, pastry people and culinary wizards.
If you are looking for a career in food with Mariposa, let us know. Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position you are applying for in the subject.
Current Job Openings:
Bakery Delivery Driver
Join the team at Mariposa Baking Company, a Bay Area leader in gluten-free baking for retail sales and wholesale. Mariposa's upscale artisan-crafted, fresh-baked products are distributed to our growing group of cafés in the Bay Area which include our Ferry Building location in San Francisco.
We also sell our wholesale line through distributors to high end grocery chains, restaurants and other food purveyors. Mariposa's production facility and bakeshops are 100% dedicated gluten-free.
Mariposa Baking Company in Oakland's Temescal neighborhood, is looking for a part-time delivery driver. We are looking for someone with a clean driving record to transport baked goods from our Oakland Bakery to our SF Bakeshop. This position also includes making deliveries to wholesale customers, purchasing bakery supplies and keeping the van in good working condition.
We are looking for someone who. . .
• Punctual and dependable
• Naturally friendly and upbeat. Mariposa is an exciting high-energy place to work
• Hard working and a team player
• Detailed oriented and can double check everything on delivery instructions and logs each day
• Has a valid CA driver's license with no restrictions
• Has a clean DMV records with no more than 2 points in the last 5 years
• Demonstrates pride and personal responsibility for company vehicle
• Can lift and/or push 25-50 lbs. with no restrictions or difficulty
• Can work quickly and safely
• Can communicate and exchange information
• Has a high standard of personal hygiene, non-smokers preferred
• Has excellent customer service skills
• Has previous experience in service-related filed
• Is able to work the driver schedule including holidays
• Has flexibility to be on call/substitute driver for our other driver
The job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Review daily delivery instructions. Then pull and load all orders for delivery
• Double check all loaded items and orders for accuracy before beginning routes
• Deliver daily inventories to our SF location, safely unload baked goods to retail shop and gather additional items to return to Oakland Bakery
• Deliver wholesale order to local restaurants in SF and east bay locations
• Complete vehicle safety inspection at start & end of shift
• Perform other daily errands or purchases for bakery inventories and supplies
Saturday, 5:45am -- 1:00pm
Sunday, 7:45am -- 11:30am
Monday, 5:45am -- 2:00pm
And flexibility to be a substitute driver for our other driver when needed.
Flexibility and availability to work additional days and/or hours seasonally is a plus! The first 3 months are a trial/training period and upon successful completion of that period we would determine any changes to the schedule and job responsibilities. Mariposa participates in E-verify.
Swing Shift PM/Graveyard Floor Manager (Oakland North/Temescal)
At Mariposa, the role of the Swing Shift Manager is to oversee and manage operations between 8:00pm – 4:00am, including managing staff. If you are an Night Owl and you like working with people, this position might be for you. It involves working in close collaboration with the Team Members to foster a better and safer work environment. This job includes but is not limited to:
· Manage people on the night team land make sure they are working
· Stagger breaks so production is always flowing and ensure breaks happen at scheduled times and in compliance with State Law
· Coach and train new employees on GMP’s and be the enforcer of GMP’s for existing staff
· Be fair and consistent with all employees
· Assess ways to reduce waste thru proper staffing and cross-training
· Oversee production inventory levels and assess waste
· Help collect the production data to be analyzed
· Help resolve conflicts between employees
· Deliver disciplinary warnings when necessary
· Ensure quality standards are upheld
· Ensure that employees are properly trained and working
· Sort, Standardize, Straighten, Sustain, Shine & Safety and always find ways to maintain order and organization in production (this means maintain a 6S environment)
· Communicate weekly production meetings to graveyard staff
· Manage a courtesy to our quality of standards
· Must have 3 + years of management or supervisory experience, preferably in a food environment.
· BS degree or equivalent
· Must have Food Safety Manager Certification
· Strong communication skills and able to communicate with all levels of the organization
· Creative energy, reliability, flexibility and a sense of humor
· Detail oriented with high standards of quality
· Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel and Google Drive (mail, calendar, docs, etc.)
This job requires being able to interact professionally with management and staff. The Swing Shift Floor Manager position is the point person for production issues that arise on the Night Team and the graveyard team.
We need to build stable teams with productive employees and we need the Swing Shift Floor Manager to ensure that employees are productive at all times, while working safely and working collaboratively in the team.
During the holidays, the Swing Shift Floor Manager must make sure inventories are double and triple counted and production is ramped up for the busy November/December holiday season. Time off is not permitted during those months and the Swing Shift Floor Manager must enforce that no time off is granted in production.
As Mariposa grows, the Swing Shift Floor Manager needs to be involved in:
· Ensuring production is effectively servicing all retail operations including future ones that might come online
· Retaining talented individuals and keeping turnover to a minimum
· Reducing injuries and accidents by enforcing safety rules and continually training employees on workplace safety and GMP’s
· Maintaining a stable, healthy labor ratio and a stable productive staff
Early Morning Baker (Oakland North/Temescal)
We are looking for someone who is an early bird with a great attitude, a willingness to learn and someone who has experience in the Baking environment.
The job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Bake off morning baked goods for retail locations
· Help separate/package in plastic containers baked goods for each retail shop
· Follow exact procedure with regard to measuring and portioning
· Make sure ingredients are used according to FIFO
· Use GMP’s, follows HAACP standards and always comply with Food Safety and Sanitation Laws
· Mix, divide and shape dough and bake products
· Be able to lift up to 50 lbs. or more regularly without any trouble
· Participate in the general clean-up of the production area to leave the kitchen clean for the next shift
· Make sure all equipment is in good working order and alert Manager when there is faulty equipment
· Work well with others and be a strong team member
· Other administrative and/or duties as assigned