Thanks for your interest in working at Mariposa! We're always interested in hearing from talented bakers, pastry people and culinary wizards.
If you are looking for a career in food with Mariposa, let us know. Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position you are applying for in the subject.
(Oakland North/Temescal and SF Ferry Building)
We are looking to add a dynamic and professional person to our retail/counter staff. On top of stellar customer service, we value enthusiasm, respect and compassion. We are excited to see what you bring to the table!
- Greet customers and provide a friendly, courteous and efficient customer service
- Being reliable, punctual and communicative of needs
- Preparing daily food items and cook simple foods such as sandwiches, salads and pizza
- Ability to use POS systems
- Merchandizing baked goods to keep our bakeshops eye-catching and visually appealing
- Able to learn about our products, gluten intolerance and other allergy-related food issues in order to communicate this information to customers
- Ability to work cleanly and safely, and adhere to Food Safety regulations at all times
If interested in the position:
Please respond by telling us a little about yourself and/or experience, hobbies, favorite pastries,etc. Anything that will help us to get to know you better as a person! Paste your resume into the body of your email. Attachments will not be opened. Feel free to check out our website for more insight into our company’s history and values!
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year experience working in a customer service position, preferably food related
- Has a current CA Food Handler’s Card (or can get one within 30 days of hire)
- Part-time and/or Full-time available and may include weekends
- Ability to stand on your feet for an entire shift
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects, bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 25 pounds
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation
- Environmental exposures to extreme temperatures (freezers)
The first three months are a trail/training period and upon successful completion of that period we would determine any changes to the schedule and job responsibilities. Mariposa participates in E-verify.
Benefits: Dental after 30 days, Medical after 60 days, 401k after one year.